Cycling to your community CTrain station is not only a great way to keep healthy but is also good for the environment. Here are a few things that you should know when cycling to a CTrain station.
- • Most CTrain stations have bike racks that you can secure your bike to.
- • During rush hour our CTrain can be quite full, for this reason, bikes are not allowed on the CTrain during this time (6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.) on weekdays. There are no restrictions for the weekends or stat holidays.
- Lime bikes are allowed on CTrains, except during the rush hour times listed above.
As outlined in Route Ahead, our 30-year strategic plan for transit in Calgary, we are working towards having all buses equipped with bike racks. To achieve this, we purchase about 50 new buses each year and all new buses come equipped with bike racks. Even with more buses in our fleet that are equipped with racks, the way our buses are dispatched to maximize service and to make the most efficient use of our resources, buses must work on multiple routes during the day which makes it difficult to assign buses with bike racks to a specific route. Learn more about how to use our bike racks.
Please note that Lime bikes cannot go on bus bike racks, as they do not fit.
If you have a folding bike, you can bring it onboard the CTrain or Bus, with no time restriction, as long as the bike is folded and in an appropriate bag.
Using bike lockers are a great way to keep your bikes secure while riding transit. 14 of our stations have bike lockers that you can rent for up to a year (minimum of six months).
Here is how you can rent one:
- Complete a bike locker rental application form.
- Take the application form to the Centre Street Station Customer Service Centre with photo ID.
- Pay for your locker.
Bike Locker Rates (Non-refundable)
Security Deposit - $30 (refunded on return of key)
6 months - $72 (additional months available at $12 per month)
One year - $132 ($12 per month with one free month)