Calgary Transit Text Messaging Service (TeleText)
TeleText is an added feature to our Schedule Information. With the new Text Messaging Service, customers can receive schedule information within seconds!
Itís easy, fast and simple!
Option 1: Generic stop times.
Text 74000 and send your stop number as the only message.
- If there's only one route that uses that stop, you will receive up to the next 4 stop times for that route.
- If there's more than one route that uses that stop, you will receive the next 2 stop times for each route.
- The sample below shows the next 2 stop times for routes 10, 20, 22, 72 for stop 5778.
- After making your request, stop times are sent to your hand-held device within seconds.
Option 2: Specific stop times.
Text 74000 your stop number followed by a # sign and your route number as the only message
(e.g. 5778#72). Within seconds, you will receive stop times for the route you specified.
Option 3: Future stop times.
You can preview schedules anytime within the next 24 hours*. Text 74000 your stop number, followed by a # sign and your route number, followed by an @ sign and the time (in 24-hour format) as the only message (e.g. 5778#72@1600). Within seconds, you will receive future stop times for the route you specified.
* Note: If the time you enter is earlier than the current time, schedules reported will be for the following day.
Option 4: Register and receive enhanced service with added convenience & flexibility.
TeleText is accessible to all Transit customers by texting 74000. However, when you register, youíll receive the following enhanced service:
- Faster request and response of stop times by simply texting ME to 74000.
- The ability to add preferred stops to your profile.
- Customized stop times responses for preferred stops/routes.
- Important service announcements from Transit, when you check the alert box.
Itís easy, fast, and costs nothing to register!
After registering and adding preferred stops/routes to your profile, simply text Me to 74000, and you will receive up to two stop times for each of your preferred stops/routes.
Click here to register.
Registration is easy. Simply visit http://www.calgarytransit.me:
- Enter your mobile phone number in the Register/Login field.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Select your Carrier from the drop-down menu.
- You will be sent an access code.
- Enter the access code in the Access Code field.
- Create your password.
- Click on LOGIN.
Calgary Transit provides Text Messaging Service to customers at no cost. However, standard messaging and data rates may apply depending on your plan. Please check with your carrier.