Statistics show us that safety incidents involving Calgary Transit are rare. However we know that it’s
critical to help our customers feel secure and safe while using the system.
Where we’re at
These results show customer ratings on how safe they feel while using Calgary Transit services.
What we did in 2018
- Reconfigured and installed offset barriers at various LRT crossings to help our customers practice safer behaviours around trains.
- Implemented 12 MAX stations with safety and security equipment (cameras and help phones) on MAX Purple to improve the safety experience on MAX.
What we’re working on in 2019
- Launching a text message number for customers to discretely report incidents.
- Improving the safety of women by addressing their safety experiences.
- Hiring 10 more peace officers.
- Reviewing the safety of crossings to determine the most effective methods for reducing collisions and near misses.
- Exploring equipment that can alert pedestrians to bus movements and provide the operator with collision avoidance information.