We've introduced a convenient month-to-month pre-authorized card payment option for Calgary Transit’s reserved parking. It’s an easy way you can pay with Interac, Visa, MasterCard or AMEX.
Subscribing is easy: just set up a pre-authorized payment account when renewing your reservation online.
Here’s how to sign up:
When renewing your reservation online, you will see a checkbox named “Pre-Authorized Card Payment.”
- Check the box if you’re interested in subscribing to a month-to-month pre-authorized card payment.
- Our system will alert you that you do not currently have a pre-authorized payment account, and provide you a link to set up your profile.
- Click on the link and you will be taken to a “Beanstream” (our payment processing gateway) page to set up your account.
- When you successfully set up your account, you will be automatically redirected to the previous page to complete your online renewal payment.
- Ensure that it is noted on the payment page that “Pre-authorized card payment has been subscribed successfully.”
- Pre-authorized monthly credit card payment account can only be set up between the 1st and 15th of each month. If you’re setting up an account on the 15th, it must be before midnight.
Now your credit card will be billed automatically on the 16th of each month to renew your reservation for the upcoming month.
- You only have to set up your pre-authorized payment account once. However, an account is required for each reservation you own.
- To unsubscribe, simply uncheck the “Pre-Authorized Card Payment” checkbox on the payment page.
- To re-subscribe, simply check the “Pre-Authorized Card Payment” checkbox on the payment page. You do not have to set up an account again if your reservation was active all through the period you were unsubscribed from pre-authorized card payment.
- On the 1st of each month, you will still receive a monthly renewal payment reminder notice via email with a link to the payment page. However, you are not required to do anything, since your credit card will be auto billed on the 16th.
- You will be receipted for each month’s payment.
- If you paid by credit card, ensure that you update your card’s new expiring date in your account, before the expiring date on our file elapses.
- We process pre-authorized payments on the 16th of every month to renew reservations for the following month. To avoid complications to your reservation, ensure there are sufficient funds on your card for each month’s bill.
- If you cancel your parking reservation and later wish to re-subscribe to month-to-month pre-authorized card payment, a new account is required.
- Month-to-month pre-authorized card payment cannot be used for lump sum payment.
If you have any questions regarding month-to-month pre-authorized credit card payment, please contact us at CTReservedParking@calgary.ca.