Accurate, consistent and timely information helps our customers make decisions. They want to know about possible disruptions that impact their commute – but also about future plans, fare changes and service changes.
Where we’re at (Calgary Transit)
These results are an index of customer satisfaction ratings on the information we provide about planned and unplanned disruptions, future plans (e.g. new CTrain lines), fare changes and service changes (e.g. bus route changes).
Where we're at (Calgary Transit Access)
These results show the percentage of customers who report receiving enough information from Calgary Transit Access in order to use their services successfully.
What we did in 2016
- Standardized communications practice for planned disruptions and applied that to maintenance events that occurred during the year.
- Placed advertisements on buses to reminded customers that we change service four times per year and to check for any personal impact.
- Communicated the 2016 Transit Service Review (changes to 17 bus routes in the northwest and inner city) to 70,000 households.
- Updated the Calgary Transit Access branding. The new logo is consistent across all vehicles and easier to identify.
What we’re working on in 2017
- Build an online portal to share information with our employees (so they can share information with our customers).
- Add up to 42 digital displays to CTrain platforms.
- Add a real-time display to North Pointe bus terminal.
- Improve communications to customers regarding Calgary Transit Access service delays.
- Provide real-time arrival information to Calgary Transit Access customers. This will allow us to notify customers 5-10 minutes before we arrive at their pickup location.