Let us help get you to and from the Stampede Parade on Friday, July 5. All downtown CTrain stations are within one block of the parade route and continue running during the parade. Normal fares apply during the parade. The free fare zone is between City Hall and Kirby stations.
The parade prelude starts at 8 a.m. and the main parade starts at 9 a.m.
New: This year, bus detours for the downtown core will start at the beginning of service.
When the parade is finished, thousands of people make their way to the Stampede Grounds. Here are some options to get you there:
From City Hall Station, it's only a 10-15 minute walk to the main gates.
Catch a shuttle bus to Erlton/Stampede Station from:
Take the Red Line CTrain to Victoria Park/Stampede or Erlton/Stampede stations. Centre Street and City Hall stations become extremely crowded between 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. You may have to wait to get onto a CTrain.
Here is a map showing the different options to get to the grounds.
24-hour CTrain service
From July 4 - 14, we’re running 24 hour CTrain service:
- Every 5-8 minutes from 6 a.m. – 12:45 a.m.
- Every 15-30 minutes from 12:45 a.m. – 6 a.m.
Travelling from the North? The Stampede North Express bus, Route 504, starts at North Pointe Terminal and has 11 stops along the way to the Stampede Grounds.
Route 504 schedule:
- Every 7 to 15 minutes until 1 a.m.
Also, some bus routes from downtown will run later than normal.
For schedules and maps, please use our Next Ride or Schedules feature.
Stay safe and have fun
Here are a few tips to ensure you have safe Stampede while using Calgary Transit:
- Look both ways before crossing the CTrain tracks and only cross at the designated crossings.
- Stand behind the yellow line on the CTrain platforms.
- Hold your kids’ hands.
- Report immediate concerns by texting us at 74100, calling us at 403-262-1000 (option 1), or using the help buttons/phones. Always call 9-1-1 in an emergency.