February 08, 2017
Grab your bus pass and your sweetheart for a fun, transit accessible date night!
- Take the Blue Line to Zoo Station for Calgary Zoo’s “In the Heat of the Night”, an educational exploration into animal romance! Learn about mating and courtship, taste delectable desserts and have some fun with a Mardi Gras photobooth.
- For the history buffs, catch Theatre Calgary’s The Audience and gain a deeper understanding of Queen Elizabeth II. Simply hop off the CTrain at City Hall Station.
- Take your skates, grab your sweetie’s hand, and head to the Olympic Plaza for free winter ice skating from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., just a short walk from Centre Street Station.
- If you’re looking to have a few laughs with your special someone, check out Dave Kelly Live – Valentine’s Day Special at Theatre Junction Grand, a few steps from 1 Street Station.
- Sweeten up your night with YYC Hot Chocolate Fest. Over 60 local businesses are competing, hoping to win hot chocolate champion with their creative creations.
- Nothing brings people together like food and cooking. Learn to prepare a delicious meal to share with SAIT’s Culinary Campus Cooking Class, located just off of 1 Street or 3 Street Station.
Experience one of Calgary’s many transit accessible shopping districts and have :
- 17th Ave – This bustling street is home to over 400 shops and restaurants, with over 15 bus routes servicing this area.
- Kensington – Right off the Sunnyside Station on the CTrain line, this charming area has over 250 shops and restaurants, as well as four bus routes.
- Inglewood – Known for unique local shops and off-beat diners, there are over 20 bus routes in the area.
- 4th Street / Mission – Known as Calgary’s “restaurant row”, 4th Street is nestled in the middle of the community of Mission and has several bus routes along the main street.
- WinSport is home to Western Canada’s largest tube park, with 9 different lanes, each over 150 metres long. Hop on Route 305 or 408, embrace the cold and hold onto your date tight!