We measure customer ratings of information for Calgary Transit and Calgary Transit Access separately.
Where we’re at (Calgary Transit)
As of 2015, customers rate our quality of information at 56%. This takes into account the information we provide about planned and unplanned disruptions, future plans (e.g. new CTrain lines), fare changes and service changes (e.g. bus route changes). Our target is to reach a satisfaction rating of 70% by 2018.
Where we're at (Calgary Transit Access)
As of 2013, customers rate the amount of information they receive at 95%. Our target is to maintain the 95% rating through 2018.
*No data was available for 2015, but will be available for 2016.
What we’re working on
We’ve identified the following actions as top priorities for improving the quality of information:
- Improve communications to customers about service delays, both planned and unplanned.
- Provide real-time arrival information to Calgary Transit Access customers. This will allow us to notify customers 5-10 minutes before arrival at their pickup locations.
- Replace all current branding with one standard that is easy to understand.
- Provide customers with real-time data and historical statistics on the transit system and service using existing and new technologies.
What we’ve done
In 2015 we did the following to improve information to customers:
- Launched a new mobile app that provides customers with real-time bus and CTrain arrivals, schedules, route maps and allows them to plan trips from their smart phone.
- Launched the Customer Commitment, which aims to improve the customer experience and increase transparency.
- Data on transit safety & security and Calgary Transit Access was added to the citizen dashboard. It’s an online tool that displays performance measures and shows how City services contribute to quality of life in Calgary.