Computerized Telephone Information
Teleride is an automated telephone information system that provides departure times for the next two or three buses at your stop, future buses leaving your stop, or general information. The teleride system is updated regularly to keep you informed of service delays or detours on your route.
Teleride was implemented by Calgary Transit in May 1987 and was an instant success, providing schedule information to 1.2 million callers by the end of the year. Since then Teleride usage has continued to grow steadily. In 2011, 16.8 million callers received information from the teleride system.
It's easy to use Teleride!
A computerized voice will guide you through each step.
- First, note the four digit Teleride bus stop number located at the bottom of the sign at your bus stop. Teleride numbers are also listed in individual route schedules, on the schedule search on the Calgary Transit web site.
- Next, call 403-974-4000 and when prompted,
- Press 1 + the four digit stop number for Current Bus Times
- Press 2 + the four digit stop number for Future Bus Times
- Press 3 for General Transit Information