Calgary Transit Park and Ride
Changes to LRT Parking Payment Requirements
On 2011 February 14, Calgary City Council directed Calgary Transit to make the following changes regarding LRT park and ride payment:
- Terminate the $3 daily parking charge at LRT park and ride lots effective April 1. Therefore, the last day when payment will be required is 2011 March 31 and on April 1, parking at LRT park and ride lots will be free.
- On April 4, Calgary Transit will implement a reserved parking program at selected LRT park and ride lots. The cost to reserve a space will be $70 per month. The number of parking spaces set aside for reserved parking in each lot will be based on customer demand for each month up to a maximum of 50% of the spaces in each lot.
Calgary Transit was directed to begin implementation of this new service on the following schedule:
- April 4 - Crowfoot, Dalhousie, Brentwood, McKnight West Winds, Barlow Max Bell, Somerset Bridlewood, and Fish Creek Lacombe.
- Remaining LRT station lots will follow based on demand.
- Reserved parking will not be available in parking lots that serve bus routes only at this time but may be added to the program at a later date, based on customer demand.
It is anticipated that it may take approximately two months to fully establish the reserved areas in all of the lots and this too will be based on customer demand.
If you would like to be notified about when we will begin accepting reservations and how the program will work please sign up for Calgary Transit Email Alerts. You will be able to specify which lots you are interested in learning about. When you have signed up, we will email you information about when and how you can obtain reserved parking as soon as it is available.