Future NE LRT Extension
November 5, 2012 Council approved a plan for future LRT extensions in northeast Calgary. The report looked at:
- A 7.5 kilometre future extension including four new stations:
- Each of the four stations is already considered in approved community plans.
- The plan will advise The City to acquire necessary land to simplify future construction.
- The four stations can be built together or in phases.
- Important considerations for a long-term connection to the airport:
- How many customers will one day travel to the airport?
- In the future, 75 per cent of airport customers will travel to the airport from the south and west.
- What types of transit technology can be connected with the airport terminal?
- What is the best approach to provide frequent service for all transit customers?
- What projects (between now and 2014) will help support long-term airport service:
- Is a connection with the future North Central LRT possible?
- The Calgary International Airport is updating their master plan – travel to the airport terminal will be subject to this master plan.
Please see the approved plan below: