Assist customers with vision loss, difficulty reading and limited English in identifying the correct Calgary Transit Route.
About: Bus Hailing Kit
- A clear plastic pouch with three slots for route numbers to assist customers with identifying their desired route.
- There are also reflective strips at the top to indicate if additional help is needed.
How To Use It...
- A customer waiting at the bus stop will hold the bus hailing kit to "hail" the route displayed in the pouch.
- This is ideal when a customer is waiting at a stop where many routes stop.
The Route Numbers
- Each Bus Hailing Kit has a place for three numbers which would allow a customer to hail any route.
- They are large print to help customers and drivers see them easily
- Braille on the top right corner allows Calgary Transit customers who aren’t able to see the number use the kit.
Three Reflective Indicators
Yellow = Lower the Bus
Orange = Deploy Ramp
White = No Special Needs
Watch for the Bus Hailing Kit
- If you are waiting at a bus stop and see someone with the bus hailing kit you can help them by letting them know when their bus has arrived.
- They will appreciate the assistance you provide.
How can I get a Bus Hailing Kit?
To get a free Bus Hailing Kit contact:
An electronic copy of these instructions can be downloaded.
Bus Hailing Kit Presentation (5 MB)