Cycling to your community CTrain station is not only a great way to keep healthy but is also good for the environment. Here are a few things that you should know when cycling to a CTrain station.
- Most CTrain stations have bike racks that you can secure your bike to.
- During rush hour our CTrain can be quite full, for this reason, bikes are not allowed on the CTrain during this time (6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.) on weekdays. There are no restrictions for the weekends or stat holidays.
- Lime bikes are allowed on CTrains, except during the rush hour times listed above.
- Folding bikes are allowed on CTrains and must be in the folded position and placed in a suitable bag or case at all times.
Bikes on Buses
We are working towards having all buses fitted with bike racks. As of 2019, bike racks are fitted to almost 350 of our regular sized and articulated buses. We purchase approximately 50 new buses each year, and every new bus has a bike rack installed. Unfortunately Community Shuttles do not have bike racks at this time.
Buses with bike racks are scheduled to operate on routes 1, 9, 14, 20, 38, 43, Max Orange and Max Teal for all 7 days. However if there are breakdowns or operational issues (especially in winter), there may be occasions where these services are without a bike rack.
Folding bikes are permitted inside the bus, provided they are folded and are not obstructing other passengers.
There is no additional cost to use a bike rack on the bus
There is space for 2 bikes on the bike racks and available on a first come first served basis. Bikes are not allowed inside the bus, so if the racks are full, please wait for the next bus.
Most regular bikes will fit on the racks. Both wheels must fit into the bike rack wheel slots and the support arm/hook must fit over the top of the bike wheel (fenders ok).
|Max Tire Width||2.3”/5.8cm|
Electric bikes are accepted provided they do not exceed the weight limit (55lbs), both tires drop fully into pockets and the support arm can be positioned properly. Lime Bikes are not permitted – they do not fit properly and can obstruct the drivers view. Gas or diesel operated vehicles are not permitted either. Calgary Transit is not responsible for damage caused by or to bicycles on the buses.
Using bike lockers are a great way to keep your bikes secure while riding transit. 14 of our stations have bike lockers that you can rent for up to a year (minimum of six months).
Here is how you can rent one:
- Complete a bike locker rental application form.
- Take the application form to the Bow Parkade Customer Service Centre at 234 7 Avenue S.W. with photo ID.
- Pay for your locker.
Bike Locker Rates (Non-refundable)
Security Deposit - $30 (refunded on return of key)
6 months - $72 (additional months available at $12 per month)
One year - $132 ($12 per month with one free month)