Low Income passes are $44/month. Are you eligible for a Low Income Monthly Pass? Take a look at our requirements.
- Resident of Calgary (proof of address required, PO Boxes, rural route addresses and bank statements are not accepted as proof of residency).
- Youths aged 6 to 17 are now eligible to apply for a Low Income Monthly Transit Pass.
- Youths not living at home and attending school may bring in a letter from the principal or guidance councillor of their school. The letter must be written on the school’s letterhead and must verify the residence of the youth. Eligibility period will be for six months.
- An approval letter from the Child and Youth Support Program of Alberta Children’s Services dated within the previous 30 days. Unless there is an expiry date on the letter the eligibility period will be for six months
- Do you meet the Low Income Cut-Off? Learn more
Applying for a Low Income Monthly Pass
Where to buy a pass when approved?
Only approved applicants or their pre-approved designate as recorded on the application form may purchase the pass (ID required. Passes are available up to 15 days prior to the beginning of the month. Passes can be purchased from:
Conditions of Use
- The Low Income Monthly Pass is for the sole use of the registered applicants and is not transferable. It is valid on all Calgary Transit services.
- Senior Low Income Monthly Passes are not accepted when using Access Calgary.
- The pass user must be registered with Calgary Transit and the back of the pass must include the registered users name and registration number to be valid.
- The pass user must have in their possession and be prepared to present valid photo identification upon request while using Calgary Transit.
- The entire pass must be shown to the operator when boarding the bus and must remain in the possession for the user at all times while on the system.
- Misuse of the Low Income Transit Pass may result in suspension of eligibility and the user may be subject to a fine under the Transit Bylaw 4M81.
- Please note, we don’t issue replacement passes for lost or stolen passes.