We measure customer ratings of ease of use for Calgary Transit and Calgary Transit Access separately.
Where we’re at (Calgary Transit)
As of 2015, customers rate the ease of use of our system at 62%. This represents customer satisfaction with frequency of buses and CTrains, length of travel time, directness of trip, convenience of paying fares and comfort on vehicles. Our target is to reach a satisfaction rating of 75% by 2018.
Where we're at (Calgary Transit Access)
As of 2015, customers rate the ease of use of our system at 92%. This represents customer satisfaction with the ease of booking a trip and whether they’re able to get the trips they need. Our target is to reach a satisfaction rating of 95% by 2018.
What we’re working on
We’ve identified the following actions as top priorities for making our system easy to use:
- Continue to introduce four-car CTrains in 2016, which will significantly improve comfort and accessibility.
- Review seniors and low income transit pass programs in collaboration with Calgary Neighbourhoods to improve accessibility, including application and payment options.
- Introduce a Calgary Transit Access online booking system by the end of 2016.
- Research and monitor advances in fare payment technology to determine the best options for moving forward.
- Apply The City of Calgary Access Design Standards to all new infrastructure projects to ensure they are accessible for all people.