It needs to be easy to get around on Calgary Transit. Success requires a combination of factors such as frequent buses and CTrains, reasonable travel times, direct trips, convenient ways to purchase fares, and a lack of crowding. Changes of this scale can be costly and/or take a long time to implement, but we’ll continue to pursue opportunities to improve.
Where we’re at (Calgary Transit)
These results are an index of general perceptions of ease-of-use, as well as trip-based perceptions of accessibility, park and ride, transfers, length of a trip and information sources.
Where we're at (Calgary Transit Access)
These results are an index of customer satisfaction ratings on the ease of booking trips and whether customers are able to get the trips they need. The survey that gathers this data will be conducted in fall 2018.
What we did in 2018
- Implemented three new BRT services: MAX Orange, MAX Purple and MAX Teal to improve connectivity for our customers.
- Implemented audible stop announcements on buses for those who may rely on audible announcements.
- Conducted orientations with Calgary Board of Education and Catholic Separate School District students who are new to using Calgary Transit.
- Enabled organizations and volunteers to train vulnerable populations in the use of public transit so that more vulnerable customers are confident using public transit.
What we’re working on in 2019
- Implementing a fourth MAX service in the southwest and revising related routes to improve the efficiency of the transit network.
- Launching a pilot project to explore on-demand transit service in a developing community that currently has no public transit service.
- Providing mobile ticketing so customers can purchase fares on their phones.
- Increasing the amount of paid parking at LRT Park and Ride lots where demand is highest.
- Expanding the list of what constitutes a medical trip for customers of Calgary Transit Access.
- Implementing service improvements in the developing communities of Redstone/Cornerstone, Nolan Hill, Legacy/Walden and Mahogany/Cranston.