Cleanliness of vehicles, stations and stops is important to customers and to their confidence in the transit system. Adequate cleanliness affects perceptions of safety.
Where we’re at
These results are an index of general perceptions of cleanliness, as well as customer experiences with cleanliness at bus stops, stations and in vehicles during their most recent trip.
What we did in 2017
- Expanded bus stop garbage removal contract to include the entire stop area and graffiti removal.
- Implemented continuous improvement processes to maintain clean vehicles more efficiently.
- Installed bus pads and connecting sidewalks at select locations that were identified as needing upgrades.
What we’re working on in 2018
- Requesting proposals for shelter advertising with the option to include shelter maintenance as well.
- Improving data collection around bus stop vandalism and garbage removal to target ‘hot spots’ more efficiently.
- Continuing to improve the cleaning processes around vehicles using more efficient approaches.
- Conducting an audit of station cleanliness.