COVID-19 Service Update
The City of Calgary has extended the temporary face covering bylaw to December 2020. Council will review the bylaw at that time to determine whether it needs further extension. We are asking all customers to continue wearing their face covering when taking a trip with us. You may have taken a trip with a customer who is not wearing a face covering; there are exceptions to the bylaw and we ask for your continued compassion and patience. You can find more information about the bylaw by clicking here. If you’d like to learn more about wearing a mask, please visit our safety page. Below is a list of exceptions to the mask bylaw. Exceptions to the Face Coverings Bylaw include:
- Children under two years of age
- People with underlying medical conditions or disabilities inhibiting their ability to wear a face covering
- People who are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance
- People who are eating or drinking at a public premises that offers food or beverage services
- People engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
- People who are caregiving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability (for example, the ability to lip read)
- People who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (for example, a visit to the dentist)
We are continuing to ask customers to answer the below questions before booking a ride and to stay home if they are feeling sick.
Calgary Transit Access (CTA) is committed to maintaining our current service promise to our customers.
CTA is doing its part by ensuring we provide clean, well- sanitized vehicles and enforcing good hygiene practices amongst all our employees and partner agencies.
However, in order to maintain this service, we are asking our customers to answer the following questions before booking a trip:
Q1. Are you experiencing flu-related symptoms such as a fever, cough, runny nose or difficulty breathing that are not related to a preexisting health condition or illness (such as seasonal allergies)?
|Yes / No|
Q2. Have you travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days?
|Yes / No|
|Q3. Have you contacted Health Link 811 to arrange formal testing or been medically directed to self-isolate or quarantine yourself?||Yes / No|
|Q4. Have you been confirmed positive for COVID-19?||Yes / No|
|Q5. Have you had close contact with someone who has been tested or has been confirmed positive for COVID-19, or have you been exposed to the virus during any other travel, being in a laboratory setting, living with or acting as a caregiver for someone who is ill?||Yes / No|
If you have answered “YES” to any of these questions, CTA recommends that you stay home or consider another mode of transportation. We are asking our customers who have travelled recently to stop using our service for a minimum of 14 days from the date they returned home.
If you have answered “NO” to questions 1-5, you can continue booking your trip.
We understand this is a challenging time and we appreciate your help as the COVID-19 situation develops.
We are asking all of our customers to cover their cough, wash their hands frequently and to stay home if they feel sick. You can learn more by visiting the Calgary Emergency Management Agency’s (CEMA) page about COVID-19 or going online to the World Health Organization (WHO) for tips on how to manage during this event.
The new Calgary Transit Access Trip Booking tool will allow you to view, book and cancel your own trips online anytime*, from the convenience of your own device.
This new tool will help make the service more informative, easy to use and reliable. This tool is supported through regular desktop and laptop computers, as well as Mobile Apple and Android products. The software has also been optimized for text-to-speech and various screen reading programs.
Signing up for CTA Trip Booking is simple. First, you will need a myID account to register for online trip booking.
*there is daily scheduled system maintenance from 2:00-3:30 AM. During this time you will not be able to book or cancel trips.
How-to sign up and register for online CTA Trip Booking
Download our Getting Started Guide.
Step 1: Sign up for a myID account
- If you don’t already have one, you will need to sign up for a myID account.
- Select Create a myID account.
- Enter all of the required information as indicated.
- Once all the fields are completed, click on the Create button.
- A Verify E-mail page will appear.
- You will receive an email shortly to the registered email address that contains the Validation Code. You can copy and paste the Validation Code into the One time passcode field on the Verify E-mail page. Click Submit, and you will be taken to the myID homepage.
- You may want to bookmark this page, as you will need to login through myID to book trips through Calgary Transit Access Trip Booking.
- Once you have successfully created a myID account, you can register for Calgary Transit Access (CTA) Trip Booking.
Step 2: Registering for Calgary Transit Access Trip Booking
You will only need to register once for a CTA account.
- Once you are logged into myID, the myID homepage will show a list of available services.
- Click on Calgary Transit Access Trip Booking
- Under Registration Number, enter your Calgary Transit Access customer registration number
- Under PIN, enter your Calgary Transit Access PIN number
- Next, click on submit. You will be brought to the Trip Booking At a Glance homepage, where you can begin booking your trips.
- In the future, you will need to login to your myID account. Click on Open a service then click on Transportation to go to Transportation services, click on Calgary Transit Access Trip Booking and you will be brought to your At a Glance homepage.
Customer Support and Help
If you have questions regarding online trip booking, please call 403.537.7777 and press 7
Once you have signed up for a myID account and registered for CTA Trip Booking, you can access the help page, which contains how-to videos and tutorials, a glossary, and more! You can find this on the footer of the CTA Trip Booking site.
Online Trip Booking Tutorial Videos